Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
by karen aidi
Spring Roll Ingredients:
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Julienned Persian Cucumbers
Julienned Bell Pepper
Marinated or Fresh Tofu
Vietnamese Spring Roll Rice Wrappers (I used Banh Trang 6-inch diameter rice Wrappers)
1) Cut your romaine lettuce leaves into a size that is smaller than the rice wrapper.
2) Place the strips inside the lettuce leaves.
3) Place the cilantro sprigs.
4) Dip the wrapper in warm water and then lay flat.
5) Put ingredients in the middle and fold sides inward.
6) Fold bottom and roll upward.
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
4 Tbsp PB fit Peanut Butter Powder
1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
2 Tsp. Tamari
2 Tsp. Grated Ginger
2 - 3 cloves minced Garlic
1 Tsp. garlic chili sauce
Note: You can use 1/2 cup of no salt peanut butter instead of PB fit peanut butter powder. However, the Peanut Butter Powder is about 1/3 of the calories of traditional peanut butter. You can also use soy sauce or coconut aminos.
1) Put all ingredients into a bowl.
2) Use a wisk to blend until smooth.
3) Check the taste and add more peanut butter powder, chili sauce, ginger, or garlic as needed.