Seasonal and Sustainable Dishes Made by Your Favorite Local Chefs
Date: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 4 PM
Acterra will host a holiday cooking forum featuring a diverse set of notable Bay Area chefs that will demonstrate how to prepare their favorite plant-based holiday dishes. Each chef will be sharing personal stories and cultural significance of the dish, talk about the benefits of plant-forward eating and the importance of using induction cooktops.
Two moderators will be joining us to interact with the chefs and ask questions posed by audience members, for an overall interactive and engaging experience.
Acterra's social media handles:
Instagram and Twitter: @PlanetActerra
Facebook and LinkedIn: @acterra
Registration link: https://hopin.com/events/holiday-refresh-2021
Website with more info: https://www.acterra.org/holiday-refresh
We will be reverse trick-or-treating where you’ll be in costume, but you’ll be the one giving treats to our rescued animal residents. Watch us smash some pumpkins, see the animals devour them, and help us give our residents an all-around amazing day!
This event is open to all ages, and we’ll also send you home with your own vegan-friendly goodie bags.
The best news is that the proceeds from this event go directly towards the continued care of the 130+ rescued animals who call Charlie's Acres home!
• Costume Parade - Show off your costumes as you walk the sanctuary loop, saying hello to rescued animals.
• Animal Treats - Reverse the trick-or-treat tradition and hand out treats to rescued animals as you stop by each pasture.
• Goat Greeting - Hang out in the pasture with some of our goat or sheep residents.
• Pumpkin Smash - Watch the animals enjoy eating pumpkins tossed into their yards.
• Goodie bags - Don't leave without taking your gift bag of candy with you!
For more info or to purchase tickets, go to: